The Lone Star State is known for lots of things including the size of the state, its food, its wonderful history, and its longhorns.
They are also known for high-quality education, with lots of colleges popularly recognized in the world, such as Rice University, the University of Texas at Austin, and many more.
Most importantly, the state is known to provide lots and lots of scholarships to different kinds of students whether high school seniors, undergraduate, graduate, or even postgraduate students. We would advise you as you go through these scholarships to first learn some primary requirements to get them, and even check the necessary grades to win any scholarship.
So in this article, we will be focusing on Texas scholarships for high school seniors.
Texas Scholarships for High School Seniors
Before you go ahead, we must state that our methodology for choosing these scholarships is based on an annual renewal, so you won’t be seeing the deadline for some of them, which means their deadline varies. So here is the list of these scholarships;
- The University of Texas at Austin – Texas High School Scholarships
- New Freshman Scholarships
- Early College High School Scholarships
- Texas College
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Diversity Scholars Program
- Terry Foundation
- The Eugene McDermott Scholars Program
- A&M University Scholarships
- Texas Scholarship Program – Lake Forest College
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation
- Bachus & Schanker, LLC Scholarship
- Annual Innovation Scholarship Contest
- The SunTec Auto Glass Yearly Scholarship
- Texas Music Educators Association
- HEB Sports in Action Scholarship
- TExEStest.org Early Education Scholarship for Texas Teachers
1. The University of Texas at Austin – Texas High School Scholarships
This is one of the Texas scholarships for high school seniors awarded to a select number of graduating high school students from Texas. These high schools include;
- Brazosport High School; Gainesville High School; Smithville High School; Fox Technical High School in San Antonio; El Paso High School; Overton area high schools; and Corpus Christi and Austin area high schools.
That doesn’t mean the college don’t offer scholarship and financial aid to students from other states in the US.
2. New Freshman Scholarships
These scholarships are offered by the University of Texas at Tyler for high school seniors, intending to study in the college. Your academic excellence and your ability to contribute to the growth of the school will be judged.
Their scholarships include;
Like the name, it is very competitive, even if you’re reviewed for this scholarship, doesn’t mean you will be selected.
- $10,000 worth of scholarship
- Deadline: December 1
- Must have a 3.75+ high school GPA
- $1,000 to $5,000 worth of scholarship
- Deadline: December 1
- 3.5+ high school GPA
And many other scholarships.
3. Early College High School Scholarships
This is one of the texas scholarships for high school seniors offered by Texas Wesleyan University, to students that applied to study in their college. You don’t need to do anything or apply for this scholarship to be considered, your admission application covers it.
The school will enroll you when they find you eligible. The beauty of this scholarship is the higher your GPA the higher money you’ll be awarded.
- Freshman with at least 24 hours of early college high school or
- Freshman with dual college high school credits with a 2.0 college GPA
4. Texas College
This is one of the few scholarships for high school seniors that you need to apply for. But first, you must be admitted to the college before you can apply for financial aid, and you need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Scholarships you can apply for include;
- Presidential Scholarship Program
- Dean’s Scholarship Program
- Honors Scholarship Program
- Achievement Scholarship Award
- Transfer Scholarship Award
- The United Negro College Fund
- The Urban Scholarship Fund
- Hispanic College Fund
5. Academic Excellence Scholarship
This is one of the merit-based scholarships awarded to high school seniors that applied to study at the University of Texas at Dallas. Since this is a merit-based scholarship, you don’t need to submit a separate application for it, you’ll be considered if you meet the criteria through your completed application for admission.
6. Diversity Scholars Program
This is another scholarship preserved for high school students that had amazing academic records in their school. But this scholarship requires you to show significant financial need.
This is worth $5,000 per year for a maximum of 8 semesters and it can be used for either tuition or other expenses.
- Needs to be admitted to the university of UT Dallas
- Must have a record of academic merit in high school or community college
- Have financial needs.
7. The Eugene McDermott Scholars Program
This is another scholarship offered by UT Dallas to high school seniors that were academically prolific in their high school years. The student must have outstanding leadership, and be willing to participate in extracurricular activities.
This scholarship goes a long way to cover your tuition, mandatory fees, stipends for housing and living, and development resources.
8. Terry Foundation Scholarship
This is one of the largest providers of private scholarships in Texas, they have awarded funding to over 5800 scholars state-wide. They aim to help high school seniors attend UT Dallas.
9. Texas Scholarship Program – Lake Forest College
This is one of the texas scholarships for high school seniors awarded to students that showcased excellent academic results in their high school. Also, the college needs to see your potential to contribute to Lake Forest College, through your past leadership experience.
You don’t need to apply for the scholarship, you’re considered automatically when you apply for admission to the school. And the scholarship is worth a minimum of $30,000 annually and $120,000 over four years.
10. A&M University Scholarships
Texas A&M University doesn’t only consider your academic prowess, but also your leadership skill, your community service, special talents, first-generation college status, and academic achievement under difficult circumstances. They offer a lot of scholarships to new freshmen such as;
- Academic Scholarships
- Academic Achievement Scholarships
- College and Department Scholarships
- Craig and Galen Brown Foundation Scholarship
- Corps of Cadets Scholarships
And many others.
11. Jack Kent Cooke Foundation
This is another scholarship for high school seniors that achieved high grades and require financial aid. The scholarship is worth up to $55,000 per year to attend a four-year accredited undergraduate school.
- Deadline: November 11
- You plan to graduate from a U.S. high school in the spring
- Intend to enroll in an accredited four-year college beginning in the fall
- GPA – Earn a minimum, cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above.
12. Bachus & Schanker, LLC Scholarship
This scholarship is a $2,000 semiannual scholarship, and interested students need to write an essay about their opinion(s) on the importance and efficacy of the 7th Amendment.
- Deadline: November 30
- Any high school senior accepted to attend a four-year university by the time of the award, or
- A Full-time student attending a four-year university in the United States who carries a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
13. Annual Innovation Scholarship Contest
This is a scholarship contest worth $1,000 where your leadership skill impacted either a family, social, or even school situation. You also have to address other topics through a video/mp4 format.
- Deadline: December 1
- Eligible for high school seniors, and students currently enrolled in a two-year or four-year undergraduate program at a college, university, or technical school in Texas.
14. The SunTec Auto Glass Yearly Scholarship
This is one of the few texas scholarships for high school seniors that have an understanding of the value of a local business. Students are awarded $1,500 annually.
- Deadline: December 15
- Eligible for a high school senior planning on attending an accredited university, college, or community college the following semester after your graduation.
- Or you are currently a student of an accredited university, college, or community college.
- Has a grade point average (GPA) score of 2.5 or higher
15. Texas Music Educators Association
TMEA offers various scholarships to different levels of study annually, whether you’re a high school senior, an undergraduate, or a graduate. Their Texas scholarships for high school seniors include;
- Bill Cormack Scholarship: worth $3,000 per year for up to five years
- Past-Presidents Memorial Scholarship: worth $2,500 per year for up to five years
- Past-Presidents Scholarship: worth $2,500 per year for up to five years
- Executive Board Scholarship: worth $2,500 per year for up to five years
- One-Year Scholarships: worth $2,500 for one year (multiple awarded annually)
16. HEB Sports in Action Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to 15 high school seniors that participated in the University Interscholastic League with $2,000. The 15 students are evenly distributed among students that completed Music, Athletes, and Academic events.
- Deadline: February 3rd
- You must be a current Texas high school senior graduating in 2023 with a minimum 3.3 GPA
- You must have participated in a UIL competition as a high school student and have been active in community service programs or events.
17. TExEStest.org Early Education Scholarship for Texas Teachers
This is one of the few scholarships that are focused on high school seniors that intend to become early education teachers. Eligible students will be awarded a scholarship worth $500, and it is on annual basis.
- Deadline: June 1
- High school seniors who are graduating.
- Be enrolled or accepted to an accredited college or university and plan on attending in the following year.
As you can see, there are lots of Texas scholarships for high school seniors, you just need to make your choice based on the program you intend to do in college. You’ll also notice that there are scholarships that don’t need you to do anything, you will be enrolled in them when you apply to study at the University and are found eligible for these scholarships.
- How to Obtain International Student Loans in Canada
- 20 Best Government Scholarships to Study Abroad
- 15 Government Help for Single Mothers with no Income
- 15 Best Scholarships for Masters Degree in Canada