The beauty industry is booming steadily on a yearly basis; I’m talking about billions upon billions of dollars being poured into this industry every year. In 2020 alone Terakeet reported that $483 billion was spent in this industry, and they also reported that annual spending will reach $716 billion by 2025.
I must say you made a good decision to choose to study cosmetology (the study of beauty). As long as you remain dedicated to learning and improving yourself in the beauty industry, you will reap the fruit of your labor bountifully.
While there’s a lot of money in the beauty industry, we understand that there are students in need of financial support to pursue their academic dreams in this industry and that is why we’ve taken our time to put together these amazing scholarships for students who want to go to a cosmetology school.
Beauty school scholarships will help reduce financial stress on you, the funds might not really be so much in some cases, but they will go a long way to help sort out some of your financial burdens in school.
Beauty School Scholarships
According to Beauty Changes Lives and other trusted bodies, below are the best beauty school scholarships out there today;
- Wella Professionals (Cosmetology Scholarship)
- JCS Beauty “Nourish & Shine® (Cosmetology Scholarship)
- The Sage Michaela Lucas Timing (Esthetics Scholarships)
- Green Circle Salons (Barbing and Cosmetology Scholarship)
- O.P.I (Nail Tech Scholarship)
- Beauty & Wellness Professionals Scholarship
- Buy-Rite’s Annual Beauty School Scholarship
- Dermalogica PRO®
- L’Oreal Elevate Salon Institute (ESI) (Cosmetology Scholarship)
- The Jerry Alexander Gorman Foundation
1. Wella Professionals (Cosmetology Scholarship)
This is one of the oldest beauty school scholarships, it was established by Franz Stroher, over 140 years ago. And, the company on its own has been outstanding over the years, you must have heard of its iconic brands which include; Wella Professional, Nioxin, Briogeo, Sebastian Professional, and Clairol.
And their vision to support beauty professionals birthed this scholarship, which is awarded to 2 students in the Summer and 2 students during the Fall.
- Up to $6,000 worth of scholarships per student
- Eligible for new or currently enrolled students in Cosmetology.
- You have to be 18 or above.
2. JCS Beauty “Nourish & Shine® (Cosmetology Scholarship)
This is another beauty school scholarship that is particularly for cosmetologists. The company on its own is leading all forms of hair types, whether it’s curls, coils, or even kinks.
The scholarship is also awarded to two newly admitted or currently enrolled students of Cosmetology.
- Up to $5,000 worth of scholarship
- Awarded to 2 students
- Must be Black/African American.
- Has to be a program in the U.S. or Canada.
- Has to be 18 years or above.
3. The Sage Michaela Lucas Timing (Esthetics Scholarships)
This is one of the beauty school scholarships which is happily funded by Circadia. Circadia company was founded by one of the greatest, dedicated physicians of his time, Dr. Pugliese. I called him dedicated because he spent decades of research work trying to understand the skin and the ability it has to deliver clinical and relevant information on product development.
They don’t just produce skincare products, they have decided to teach what they do at their university – Circadia University.
You don’t need to attend their university to get the scholarship, you only need to enroll in an accredited college as an esthetics student. 3 students are awarded a $5,000 scholarship for their tuition fees.
- $5,000 Scholarship Award to 3 Students
- Has to be BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, or person of color).
- Has to enroll in a college in the U.S or Canada
- Has to be 18 years or above
4. Green Circle Salons (Barbing and Cosmetology Scholarship)
Green Circle Salons has been doing tremendously great in helping the beauty industry to make more money and also keep the planet cleaner. Through their program, salons can recover up to 95% of their beauty waste.
They award 5 students (2 in the Summer and 3 during the Fall) scholarships to either study cosmetology or barbing in an accredited institution in the U.S. or Canada.
- Available to all applicants
- Up to $4,000 scholarship to 5 students
- Must be a newly admitted or currently enrolled student.
- Must be 18 or above years.
5. O.P.I (Nail Tech Scholarship)
This is one of the beauty school scholarships awarded to newly admitted or currently enrolled students of Nail Technology in an accredited institution in the United States or Canada.
- A $2,000 scholarship was awarded to 3 students.
- Awarded to 3
- Must be 18 years or above
- Must be a student in an accredited school in U.S. or Canada.
6. Beauty & Wellness Professionals Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded by BeautySchoolsDirectory.com, and it’s worth $2,500. These scholarships are not just for students alone, but professionals in the beauty industry can also take advantage of them.
The scholarship is awarded 2 times a year, but to 1 student only.
- Up to $2,500 is awarded to a single student two times a year.
- Has to be enrolled in an eligible program.
- You have to be a part-time student.
- Can be any form of the beauty industry.
7. Buy-Rite’s Annual Beauty School Scholarship
Buy-Rite has always grown to support the hairstyling, cosmetology, and beauty industry, and they are doing it again by providing $1,000 worth of scholarships. They are interested in hearing your most relevant story and achievement and how it attaches to your future in the beauty industry.
This scholarship is more like a competition, and you must be a full-time beautician, cosmetologist, or esthetician student.
- Open to only U.S residents
- Not open to immediate family members of Buy-Rite Beauty employees.
8. Dermalogica PRO®
This is one of the beauty school scholarships made exclusively for soon-to-be graduates and newly licensed skin therapist that resides in the United States.
- Deadline: Awarded 3 times a year, which is on April 1st, August 1st, and December 1st.
- Up to $1,400 worth of scholarship plus other value.
- Each recipient will have access to jobs.
9. L’Oreal Elevate Salon Institute (ESI) (Cosmetology Scholarship)
This is also another scholarship exclusively for cosmetology students, and they award a whopping $10,000 to a single student. This outstanding student won’t only be awarded the scholarship, but they will also enroll him/her in a coaching program that is designed for cosmetology students.
- Have to be admitted or current in one of the Elevate Salon Schools in the U.S.
- Must be 18 years or above.
10. The Jerry Alexander Gorman Foundation
This is one of the beauty school scholarships open to any student in the beauty industry.
Due to the resilient push of Jerry Alexander Gorman to become a successful Beautician. His family decided to open a foundation in 2015, where students living in lower-income families will have the opportunity to study in any beauty industry.
The scholarship is awarded to 6 students (3 students during the Summer and 3 during the Fall) and it’s worth $3,300 for each student.
- Up to $3,300 worth of scholarships to 6 students each
- All types of the beauty industry
- Must be a student in an accredited college in the U.S.
As you can see, there are lots of best beauty school scholarships, but you also noticed that deadlines are quickly approaching, so the earlier you apply to better.