These are the autoimmune disease scholarships that you can apply to if you have been diagnosed with any of the autoimmune diseases. These scholarships were established to help you out financially and see that you go through college without hassle.
No one has ever wished to be plagued by a disease, but we see that happening over time in society. The people who are diagnosed with these diseases sometimes are neglected. They feel left out, and do all they can to isolate themselves and avoid human interaction.
Some who have nursed the dreams of going to college abandon their dreams with the saying that life is unfair. This is a serious issue as people suffering from these illnesses are also humans like everyone else.
All thanks to charity organizations, foundations, and philanthropists who have taken it upon themselves to see that these people are somehow alleviated from their suffering by providing scholarships and grants to enable them to go through higher institutions.
Today, there are scholarships for those with physical disability, those diagnosed with one autoimmune disease or the other, etc. I also know that cerebral palsy students are awarded scholarships to help them offset their tuition fees and other educational costs.
So, in this article, we will be exploring all that concerns autoimmune disease scholarships. We will also see their requirements, award amount, duration, eligibility criteria, and so on. I urge you to follow me closely as we take the ride.
Do you know anyone suffering from mental illness? Please refer them to these scholarships for mental health challenges. Let’s delve into our topic now!
Table of Contents
What Are Autoimmune Diseases?
Autoimmune diseases are the resultant effect of the immune system attacking your body instead of protecting it. This usually happens when the immune system is overactive.
Some examples of autoimmune diseases are type 1 diabetes, lupus, vasculitis, myositis, Rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel diseases, multiple sclerosis, Guillain-Barre syndrome, psoriasis, graves’ disease, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, myasthenia gravis, scleroderma, and many others.
Autoimmune Disease Scholarships
Here are the various best scholarships that are available for you to apply if you have been diagnosed with any of the autoimmune diseases. These scholarships cater to your tuition fees and other educational costs.
I will list and give a brief overview of them so that you can gain full insight. It is worthy of note that our data is obtained from deep research about the topic from trusted sources. Follow me closely.
- The Elaine Chapin Fund
- The NBCUniversal Tony Coelho Media Scholarship
- The Buckfire Law Scholarship
- Anthony’s Legacy of Love (ALL) Foundation
- Autoimmune Warriors “You Got This” Scholarship Award
- Microsoft Disability Scholarship
- Anderson and Stowell Scholarship
- This Is Me Foundation Scholarship
- The Hannah Bernard Memorial Scholarship
- EveryLife Foundation for Rare Diseases Scholarship
1. The Elaine Chapin Fund
The Elaine Chapin Fund is the first on our list of autoimmune disease scholarships that you can apply to. It was established in honor of Elaine Chaplain to provide support to students in post-secondary education who are battling with multiple sclerosis.
The scholarship amount is valued at about $1000, and selection is made based on financial need, academic performance, and the impact of multiple sclerosis on the person’s life. The eligibility criteria for applying include;
- You must be a citizen of the United States.
- You must be enrolled to study in an accredited two or four-year institution or college.
- You must provide proof of residency that should not exceed a 300-mile radius of the foundation’s office in St. Louis.
- You must complete your application, and submit all required official transcripts.
And many others. Use the link below to get started
2. The NBCUniversal Tony Coelho Media Scholarship
This is the next on our list of autoimmune disease scholarships. It was established to provide financial support to high school seniors, and undergraduate, and graduate students with disabilities, who are pursuing careers in media, communications, or entertainment sectors.
The scholarship amount is valued at about $5,625 to help cater to the tuition fees and other educational costs. It is worthy of note that this scholarship was named in honor of Tony Coelho, and is awarded to only 8 students with disabilities annually.
The eligibility criteria for applying are;
- You must be enrolled as a graduate or undergraduate student in an accredited university or college.
- You must self-identify as someone with a disability.
- You must be passionate about pursuing a career in communications, media, or entertainment. All majors can apply including computer science, engineering, statistics, information technology, etc.
- The institution you attend must be located in the United States
And many others. Use the link below to apply.
3. The Buckfire Law Scholarship
The Buckfire Law Scholarship is among the scholarships students diagnosed with autoimmune diseases can apply. It gears at providing financial assistance to students with disabilities or injuries and is open to any age, and any type of disability.
The scholarship amount is valued at about $1,000, and it is awarded to one student annually. The eligibility criteria for applying include;
- You must be a U.S. citizen enrolled at an accredited university within the United States.
- You must have a minimum of one semester of classes to be completed at the university.
- You must be diagnosed with a disability by a licensed professional.
Use the link below to apply.
4. Anthony’s Legacy of Love (ALL) Foundation
Anthony’s Legacy of Love (ALL) Foundation was established to provide hope, faith, love, and support in the community through college scholarships. These scholarships are open to those diagnosed with autoimmune diseases like Still’s.
The foundation was formed in 2018 by Antonio and Zachrya Rodriguez in honor of Anthony Rodriguez, their child who was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. Any student with an autoimmune disease is eligible for this scholarship.
5. Autoimmune Warriors “You Got This” Scholarship Award
This is also among the scholarships created for students with autoimmune scholarships. It gears at catering to the tuition fees, and other educational costs. To apply, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in an accredited institution in the United States.
The scholarship amount is valued at about $2,000, and eligibility criteria are; you must possess a minimum GPA of 3.0, you must have an autoimmune disease, you must be an active volunteer or possess volunteer experiences, etc.
6. Microsoft Disability Scholarship
Microsoft disability scholarship is open to all students with disabilities seeking empowerment to study without hassle. It is funded by Microsoft, and awarded to outstanding high school seniors who are passionate about pursuing a career in the technology industry.
The scholarship amount is valued at about $5,000 annually for a duration of four years, provided the recipient continues to present satisfactory conduct. Eligibility requirements are;
- You must be a high school senior with a disability.
- You must be planning or currently enrolled in a program in an accredited 2 or 4 years university.
- You must be majoring in engineering, computer science, computer information, law, business, or related fields.
- You must have a passion for technology.
- You must possess a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Your enrolment status must be full-time or half-time.
7. Anderson and Stowell Scholarship
This scholarship is specially designed for college students who are diagnosed with a physical ailment, physical disability or physical disease. It is among the scholarships available for those suffering from autoimmune diseases.
The scholarship amount is valued at about $450, and to apply, you must be a full/part-time student. Other eligibility criteria include; being enrolled at Bella Soul, you must not be on academic probation, you must submit possess a good GPA even though the scholarship award is not dependent on it.
8. This Is Me Foundation Scholarship
This is Me Foundation scholarship is open to all college students in the United States who have/had alopecia. This scholarship aims to provide financial assistance that caters to the tuition fees and other educational costs of the awardees.
The scholarship amount is valued at about $500, and it is awarded to six deserving students annually as the case may be. While applying for the scholarship, you will be required to submit your letters of recommendation from school, work, or community sponsor.
9. The Hannah Bernard Memorial Scholarship
This is also among the autoimmune disease scholarships that college students can apply to. It is open to anyone fighting complex pain conditions and pursuing education whether in high school, university, or even online format.
The scholarship amount is valued at about $1500 and is awarded to two students annually. Use the link below to apply.
10. EveryLife Foundation for Rare Diseases Scholarship
EveryLife Foundation for Rare Diseases offers a scholarship known as the #RAREis Scholarship Fund that is aimed at providing financial support for students with rare diseases. This scholarship helps take care of the tuition fee, and other educational costs.
The scholarship amount is valued at about $5,000. Use the link below to get started.
These scholarships listed above will go a long way in helping those who are diagnosed with autoimmune diseases and still want to pursue their educational career.
The scholarships take care of your tuition fees, and other things, thereby making you worry less, and focus on your academics.
I wish you the best of luck as you apply to the one that best suits your interest.
- Scholarships For Nursing Students In Florida
- Scholarships For Bipolar Students
- Scholarships For Abuse Victims
- Scholarships For Clinical Psychology
- Scholarships For Bilingual Students