Environmental Management has been of certain concern to the world, which has caused so many organizations to continually donate funds to find ways to make it better. Because we, certainly know that if what we predicted eventually happens, the worst-case scenario of climate change could be that the world will be so unbearable due to an increase in temperature, plus more concurrent wildfires, tropical storms, and floods.
These funds come in different ways, whether through grants, loans, or most especially, environmental management scholarships. These organizations are helping young scholars like you who are furthering their careers to make our world a better place.
Meanwhile, some other organizations and schools are interested in funding Scholarships for law students that are disabled, while others fund scholarships for female helicopter pilots, etc.
Before we list these environmental science scholarships, let’s first know what this scholarship covers.
What Does an Environmental Management Scholarship Cover?
- One of the major things that this or any other scholarship covers are tuition fee. Some of them cover full tuition, while some cover part of the tuition.
- Another thing it covers is monthly stipends, where the providers pay you a certain amount of money to take care of living expenses.
- It can also cover your traveling cost
- Insurance, etc.
Now we have learned what these scholarships cover, let’s go ahead to list them.
Environmental Management Scholarships
1. Elizabeth Henry Scholarship for Communities and Environmental Health in Canada
The Elizabeth Henry Scholarship for Communities and Environmental Health supports graduate students working on research projects in partnership with British Columbian communities that are addressing environmental health issues and promoting environmental sustainability through cooperative community initiatives.
The scholarship is worth $4,000, and it’s awarded annually.
2. Echoing Green Fellowship
Echoing Green has been a big fan of bold and courageous leaders from all over the world who see possibility in the face of the most existential challenges of our day and who dares to challenge the status quo. So they provide different kinds of financial aid for people whose enterprises are at an early stage and who are experts on the challenge they’ve chosen to confront.
3. The University of New Mexico – Environmental Studies Scholarships
The University of New Mexico provides several environmental management scholarships which include;
- Udall Scholarship: worth up to $7,000 for tuition, room and board, or other educational expenses
- Air & Waste Management Association Scholarships
- Anchor QEA Environmental Scholarship: ranges from $500 to $5,000
- Greater Research Opportunities (GRO) Fellowships For Undergraduate: worth up to $19,700
And many more
4. José E. Serrano Educational Partnership Program with Minority Serving Institutions (EPP/MSI)
This is among the environmental studies scholarships provided by National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to students from traditionally underrepresented minority communities. Winners of the award will receive up to $45,000 for two academic years to support tuition and fees, attend a conference where oral or poster results are presented and other allowable expenses.
5. United States Environmental Protection Agency Research Grants
The United States Environmental Protection Agency provides several funds for environmental management purposes. These funds will be more beneficial to post-graduate students focusing on Environmental management/science.
Some of their recent grants include;
- $21M in Research Grant Funding to Investigate Cumulative Health Impacts of Climate Change on Underserved Communities
- $7.7 Million for Research Grants to Improve Risk Assessment of Chemical Mixtures in the Environment
- Nearly $2 Million to UC Berkeley for Research to Advance Water Management and Security
And many more
6. University of San Francisco – Environmental Management, MS Financial Aid
The University of San Francisco offers scholarships to new students on a competitive basis. These program scholarships are limited in number, they vary in amount and cover part of tuition costs, and they don’t require a separate application.
One of them includes the Dean’s Scholarship which is worth $15,000 and grants recipients compensation for research and for conference travel. Additional benefits include the Dean’s Scholar kickoff and reception, connection with other Dean’s Scholars and with leaders across the college, and the chance to serve as program representatives to USF donors and Development initiatives.
7. Illinois Wesleyan – Environmental Studies Scholarships, Fellowships and Grants
Another university that provides several environmental management scholarships is Illinois Wesleyan, but you should know that many scholarships, particularly competitive national opportunities, require nomination by the applicant’s institution. Some of their scholarships include;
- National Wildlife Federation’s Campus Ecology Program
- The Harry S. Truman Scholarship Foundation
- The National Science Foundation
- The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Earth Island Institute’s Brower Youth Awards
8. Eckenfelder Scholarship
The Eckenfelder Scholarship was created in honour of Dr. Wesley Eckenfelder who was an environmental trailblazer and he trained thousands of graduate students and professionals in the science and art of industrial wastewater treatment. The $5,000 scholarship is awarded to students who are interested in pursuing a career in the environmental profession.
Applicants need to be United States or permanent residents, full-time students enrolled in their Junior, Senior year or graduate program at an accredited college/university.
9. American Meteorological Society Graduate Scholarship
The AMS Fellowship Program is a source of unique opportunities for outstanding students looking to pursue graduate education in the atmospheric or related sciences. The program helps first-year graduate students to be educated about unique challenges facing the world so that they may better tackle real-world issues after graduation.
A stipend will be presented to each fellowship recipient for a nine-month period in the academic year. In addition, fellowship recipients will receive partial travel support to attend the AMS Annual Meeting.
10. NC State University – Forestry and Environmental Resources Scholarships
NC State is amazing all-round, their academics is top-notch, and they still provide various scholarships to help students in different fields reduce their financial burden. Speaking of educational performance, the Center for World University Rankings puts NC State among the best universities on the planet.
The Department of Forestry and Environmental Resources (FER) scholarships operate independently from the university-wide merit scholarship program, the college-wide program and the various federal, state and private programs. Some of their scholarships type include;
- Academic Scholarships
- Summer Camp Scholarships
- Work Scholarships
- Student Assistance and Enrichment Fund
- Endowed Scholarships
11. Doris Duke Conservation Scholars Program
This is another environmental management scholarship provided by NC State University’s Forestry and Environmental Resources. The scholarship is presented to current freshmen or sophomores at NCSU with a passion for diversity conservation.
Winners will receive $550/week over 2 summers to work alongside researchers and seasoned conservation practitioners.
12. The University of Utah – Environmental and Sustainability Studies Scholarships
Even though FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is not required to apply for Environmental and Sustainability Studies scholarships, the University of Utah still advises you to fill it out for other possible Scholarships. Some of their scholarships include;
- Eugene Andreasen Scholarship
- Envst in Honor of Dan Mccool Scholarship
- Dan & Jan Mccool Scholarship
13. Yale School of the Environment – AmeriCorps
The Yale School of the Environment (YSE) is collaborating with AmeriCorps to provide a new initiative that will provide graduate school scholarships to AmeriCorps alumni. The scholarship will provide a $5000 award (in addition to any need-based scholarship award) to the top five AmeriCorps applicants admitted to YSE through the regular admissions process.
14. UC Santa Barbara – Environmental Studies Program
Annually Environmental Studies provides more than twenty scholarships totalling over $35,000 to students majoring in any of the degrees offered by the Environmental Studies Program (B.A., B.S., and Hydrologic Sciences). Some of their environmental management scholarships include;
- Barker Scholarship
- Decker Memorial Scholarship
- Stapelmann Scholarship
- The Wenger Scholarship
- ES Mini-Grant Research Enhancement Awards
15. Paul Croy Environmental Award
The Paul Croy Environmental Scholarship was established to provide support to Undergraduate students who are pursuing academic and career goals related to the preservation of the environment. The scholarship is worth $500 and applicants need to be a junior or senior full-time student with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 to apply.
16. Duke – Nicholas School of the Environment Scholarships
The Nicholas School of the Environment works with three primary types of financial aid: merit-based aid from the school, need-based aid from the school, and federal loans. Some of their financial aids include;
- Nicholas School Merit-Based Aid
- Nicholas School Need-Based Grant Program
- Military Veterans
- Service Volunteer Fellowships
- Financial Aid & Loans Through FAFSA
17. University of Illinois – Natural Resources & Environmental Sciences
The College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES) also awards nearly $3.5 million in scholarships to ACES students, including scholarships for both incoming and returning students. Also, the Natural Resources & Environmental Sciences (NRES) Department offers an additional $44,000 in scholarships to incoming and continuing students to help them focus on their academic success.
Like I said in the beginning, the world is starting to try its best to make our environment a better place, not just for humans, but also for animals, plants, oceans, mountains, etc. And scholarships are one of the best ways they do this.
- 12 Best scholarships for Canada International Students
- Top 11 Female Helicopter Pilot Scholarships
- Top Black Pilot Scholarships
- 12 Best Fashion Scholarships in UK
- 15 Fashion Scholarships for International Students