Are you a student in the field of art and design who wishes to use one of the numerous Parsons School of Design scholarships to further your study? Then, you are in the right place as this article provides a comprehensive overview of the scholarships. Read through carefully!
Parsons School of Design, located in New York City awards different types of scholarships to students. This is to enable them to study hassle-free without thinking of where and how the tuition fee will come. To cut the story short, awardees of these scholarships have awesome learning experiences.
Now, because of how good these scholarships are, they are quite competitive to get. However, with the guidelines we will be exploring in this article, you will be well-equipped to do all it takes to become an awardee. We will also look at things such as the requirements, categories, how to apply, and so on.
I urge you to follow me closely as we take the ride.
Table of Contents
Categories of Parson School of Design Scholarships
The Parson School of Design Scholarships come in different categories, and they are merit-based scholarships, country-specific scholarships, student-specific scholarships, need-based scholarships, and college-specific scholarships.
Now, it is essential you read up on the criteria of anyone you want to apply for, as their requirements differ. Let me throw more light on each of the scholarship categories. Follow me closely.
The merit-based Parson School of Design scholarships, just as the name implies are awarded based on merit. They are specially cut out for students who have shown high intellectual prowess and enough creativity as GPA, portfolio, and artistic abilities are taken into consideration before selecting awardees.
This is usually awarded based on nationalities. Although it may not be the only criterion for being an awardee, it is certainly one of the main considerations when it comes to this category. Other things like academic excellence are still considered though.
In this category, you must be able to express financial need. It was created to help outstanding students in the field of art and design from all walks of life who cannot afford the fees of higher institutions, to have access to standard learning at the Parsons School of Design.
Here, you must fill in the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and also provide proof to back up your claim of financial constraints.
Requirements for Parsons School of Design Scholarships
As I said earlier, the requirements for the Parsons School of Design scholarships differ. This is because the scholarships come in different categories. Below are a few ones you should meet, depending on the scholarship you are sending in your application for.
- You must possess or have a good academic record. This is highly taken into consideration.
- You must have a strong portfolio as that determines your level of creativity and artistic abilities.
- If you are applying for the need-based scholarships, you must be able to demonstrate financial need.
- Your involvement in extracurricular activities, community development, and leadership abilities is also considered.
- You must have a well-written personal essay or statement of purpose.
How to Apply for Parsons School of Design Scholarships
Having known the types of parson scholarships available, as well as their requirements, the next question is how can I apply? The answer to this is not far-fetched. These are the ways you can apply;
- Fill in the scholarship form found on the school website with accurate details.
- Fill in the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and submit it as early as possible.
- Using your essay or statement of purpose, clearly communicate your passion for design, and how this scholarship will help you achieve your dreams.
- You may be required to come for an interview when shortlisted and show up confidently and professionally.
- Ensure your documents are correctly uploaded with the correct names and titles.
With these and some others, you are already on your way to becoming an awardee. To get started or learn more about the Parsons School of Design scholarships, use the link provided below.
Parson School of Design awards about $45 million in scholarships annually. This means that a lot of students are awarded provided that they meet the eligibility requirements of the scholarships they applied to.
If you followed me to this point, I can beat my chest and say that you have gotten all you need to know about the Parsons School of Design scholarships. All you need to do now is to prepare your documents and shoot in your applications, carefully following all instructions and guidelines.
I wish you the best of luck!
Is Parsons School of Design accredited?
Yes, the Parson School of Design holds accreditation from the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. It is also accredited as a member of the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
Is Parson School of Design Scholarships Open to Everyone?
Yes, the scholarships offered by Parson School of Design are open to students from all walks of life, provided you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Fashion Design Scholarships for High School Students
- Best Fashion Design Scholarships in China
- Scholarships for Architecture Students
- Scholarships for Education Majors in Texas
- Scholarships for First Responders