The field of biology is so vast and always evolving, it involves the study of all living things, and it’s a start for a more-accomplished career. Biology majors can choose from several pools of career options like Clinical Scientist, Dental Therapist, Physician, Environmental Scientist, Aquatic Biologist, Zoo Biologist, Conservation Biologist, etc.
Anyway, even though pursuing a career in biology is a promising choice, it has been seen to be expensive, and the cost keeps increasing. The good news is that there are also lots of scholarships for Biology majors that can cover your tuition down to your accommodation, and might sometimes provide some monthly stipends for living expenses.
Before we list these Scholarships, we would advise you to take advantage of some of these First-year scholarships which are basically awarded to students yet to or newly enrolled in a university for the first time.
Table of Contents
Scholarships for Biology Majors
One of the interesting things about these scholarships is that each school has a handful of similar scholarships with varying eligibility, so, even if you’re not eligible for A you might be eligible for B or C.
1. University of Nebraska Biology Major Scholarships
The University of Nebraska provides several scholarships to their students that intend to major in biology which some of them include;
- Dr. Merle E. Brooks Academic Achievement Award in Biology and/or Science Education
- INBRE Scholarship & Biomedical Research Experience
- Bertrand and Marian Othmer Schultz Collegiate Scholarship
2. University of Oregon Biology Scholarships
This is another school that provides several scholarships for Biology majors which include;
- The Frederick Munz Biology Scholarship: worth $10,000 each
- The William Sistrom Biology Scholarship: worth $10,000 each
- The George Streisinger Biology Scholarship: worth $10,000 each
3. The University of Utah School of Biological Sciences Scholarships
The School of Biological Sciences at the University of Utah also provides different kinds of scholarships, especially to outstanding students, and these students can also apply for other scholarships provided by the University and College of Science. Some of these scholarships include;
- Biology Continuing Student School Scholarship
- Stephen D. Durrant Scholarship
- Thomas S. Frank Memorial Scholarship
- Esther Fujimoto Memorial Endowed Scholarship
4. East Carolina University Biology Undergraduate Scholarships
ECU provides different kinds of scholarships for Biology majors which applicants will need to reapply annually. Some of these scholarships include;
- Charles Bland Scholarship
- Detlev M. Bunger Scholarship
- Michael L. Bunting Scholarship
- Raymond and Ryan Church Memorial Scholarship
5. School of Biological Sciences Taught Postgraduate Bursaries
This scholarship or Bursary is awarded by the University of Edinburgh for applicants studying eligible master’s programs in the school. They provide 4 scholarships worth £10,000 each to outstanding eligible students with the equivalent of a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree at the undergraduate level.
6. University of Leeds Data Science MSc scholarships for Underrepresented Groups
This £10,000 worth of scholarship is awarded to students studying Precision Medicine: Genomic Data Science MSc from underrepresented groups. Applicants from any country are eligible including citizens of the UK.
Priority is given to women, black students, students registered as disabled, and students from low socioeconomic backgrounds.
7. The University of Kansas Undergraduate Biology Awards and Scholarships
To be considered for any of the Biology major scholarship programs provided by this school, you must submit a one-page essay describing your past academic achievements in biology and describe what you plan to do with your biology degree in the future. Some of their Scholarships include;
- The Paul A. Kitos Opportunity in Molecular Biosciences Research
- Nathan B. Parker, Ph.D., Student Award in Biology
- Howieson Biological Sciences Undergraduate Research Opportunity
8. The University of Mississippi Department of Biology Scholarships
The University of Mississippi also provides several scholarships for Biology majors that don’t require any application to be considered. Some of these scholarships include;
- The Doctors Wong-Bridges Biology Scholarship Endowment
- The William M. Shoemaker Scholarship in Biology
- Jayna Michelle Kelly Ole Miss Women’s Council Scholarship in Biology
And many more
9. University of Oxford Department of Biology Scholarships
The Department of Biology at the University of Oxford provides several scholarships to undergraduates, graduate students, postdocs, research fellows, and academic staff. Some of these scholarships include;
- David Kirby Memorial Fund & Marianne North Exploration Grant
- Mike Soper Bursary Fund
- The Biology Eurofins Foundation
- Varley Gradwell Travelling Fellowships in Insect Ecology
10. Kansas State University Biology Undergraduate Scholarships
The Division of Biology at KSU awards more than $100,000 in scholarships to new and continuing biology undergraduates annually. You don’t need to submit an application to be considered for any of their scholarships for Biology majors, you will be automatically considered for any aid you’re eligible for.
11. University of Montevallo Biology Scholarships
Just like most Universities on our list that provide diverse Biology major scholarship programs, this school also does the same, and here are some of these Scholarships;
- Ruth Hardwick Perry Endowed Scholarship
- Jan Eagles Memorial Scholarship
- College of Arts & Sciences Endowment Scholarship
- Ella J. Stewart Future Health Care Professionals Scholarship
12. The University of North Texas Biology Scholarships
For you to be considered for any of the Biology scholarships by UNT you need to submit a once-for-all application which will cover both the College of Science and Department of Biology Scholarships. You’ll be considered for more than 30 scholarships worth nearly $80,000 when you fill out their application.
13. Ohio State University – Center for Life Sciences Education Scholarships
Some of the scholarships for undergrads enrolled in Biological Sciences Major at Ohio State University include;
- Harold E. McDaniel Family Scholarship
- CLSE Life Sciences Exploration Student Research Program Scholarship
14. Appalachian State University Department of Biology Scholarships
App State is another university that provides a handful of scholarships for Biological Science majors, some of them include;
- Dr. Carolyn H. Hampton Research Scholarship for Biology
- Biology Alumni and Faculty Emeriti Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. F. Ray Derrick Endowed Biology Scholarship
- Dr. Kevin Bell Memorial Endowed Optometry Scholarship
15. Western Illinois University Department of Biological Sciences Scholarships
Here are some of the Biology major scholarships offered by WIU;
- Jean S. & Roger M. Morrow Biology Award
- Biological Science Fund Scholarship
- Microbiology Fund
- Paul Nollen Biology Honors Scholarships
Some of these scholarships for Biology majors require separate application, some doesn’t depending on the school providing them. To those who don’t demand an extra application, they will be awarded automatically to you if you’re found eligible and one of the best people who deserve it.
- Best Food Science Scholarships
- Environmental Science Scholarships for International Students
- Best Food Technology Scholarships In Germany
- Best Chinese Medicine Scholarships
- 15 Scholarships to Study Medicine and Surgery Abroad