The Adobe Research Women in Technology Scholarship is provided by Adobe company. And I believe one way or the other you are using one of their products, you could be using one of their most common products; Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
If you’ve been a fan of designing, then you are probably using most of their products like Photoshop, After Effect, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Adobe Framework, etc. You might not know this, but all of their products wouldn’t have been a success without their commitment to cutting-edge research work.
They invest a lot to have the best world-class research scientists, engineers, artists, and designers, and they also invest in educating them. They go further to provide them with the necessary resources and support to shape their ideas into tangible results.
Furthermore, they intend to reduce the gap of gender diversity in the technology industry, which made them create this Scholarship.
Before you continue, it would be advisable to learn the grade necessary to get any kind of scholarship.
About the Adobe Research Women in Technology Scholarship
This scholarship was created to recognize outstanding females, and further their undergraduate or graduate program in intelligence/machine learning, data science, computer science, or mobile/web development at North American universities (including Canada and Mexico).
The Adobe Research Women-in-Technology Scholarship is beyond the money, it will go further to boost your vote of confidence in your career, and you’ll also meet like-minded Adobe WiT scholars. Also, it will make you take another step toward achieving your dream.
Who Can Apply for the Adobe Research Women in Technology Scholarship?
Besides the fact that anyone applying for this scholarship needs to be a woman, you also need to
- Be a student currently enrolled as an undergraduate (2nd year or above) or master’s student at a North American university for the academic year. First-year undergraduate students are not eligible. Students must have completed at least one year of university education.
- Intend to be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or master’s student at a university for the academic year.
- Graduating students are not eligible.
- Be majoring in computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field.
- Demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities.
- Maintain a strong academic record.
- Not have a relative working for Adobe
How Much is the Adobe Research Women in Technology Scholarship Worth?
The scholarship is worth $10,000 and it’s paid only once to the winner. Not only that, but the winner will also receive a Creative Cloud subscription membership for one year which is currently worth US$413,86 and gives you access to all of Adobe creative apps for desktop and mobile for free.
These tools alone can help you perfect your creative design skill.
In addition, you’ll have an opportunity to join the company’s research and development programs through an internship which is a rare privilege. Because a lot of people are fighting to work at a tech-innovator company like Adobe.
Also, you’ll have the chance to join WIT scholars where you’ll find a community of past winners, who are on the path to making an impact in the tech world as women.
How to Apply for the Adobe Research Women in Technology Scholarship
To apply for this scholarship, you need to submit;
- A resume/CV.
- Academic transcripts from your current and/or past institution.
- Three Letters of recommendation.
- Answers to four essay questions, which will be available upon application launch.
- An optional 60-second video or multimedia submission describing your dream career.
After the submission of your application, a committee of passionate volunteers from Adobe Research and Digital Media teams will review applicants and select the winners.
Even though the Adobe Research Women-in-Technology Scholarship award is interesting, one silent word you shouldn’t forget is “it will be very competitive.” The price of the scholarship is quite high, plus other advantages, and it will be awarded to at least 15 students.
So you should get ready to raise your bar very high to win.
Visit their official website to apply.