Sephora Scholarship is beyond an award, it is presented to students that have a passion for makeup, to professional licensed cosmetologists and estheticians. And, the beauty of this scholarship is that anyone from any background but especially students of color can apply.
Awardees of the Sephora Scholarship will participate in a 6-month cosmetology and esthetician training where their tuition fee will be assisted by the organization. To add to that, they will also involve in internships, free mentorship, plus access to job opportunities, and they will be graduated from the school.
Even if you weren’t eligible for this financial aid you can still apply for other beauty school scholarships or if possible take advantage of Beauty Changes Lives Scholarships to help reduce the cost of study
Table of Contents
Details of the Programme
- The classes run every month and you’ll focus on educational topics related to the pursuit of a career in beauty and other curated beauty industry content. Moreover, those that will be handling you in the classes are leading beauty brands, industry insiders, and Sephora’s Pro Team. Most sessions will be scheduled on Mondays, but recordings will be made available the following session.
- You will remain enrolled and in good standing in an eligible beauty/cosmetology/esthetician school. If you are unable to complete your school program and/or are not in good standing, Sephora may seek to be reimbursed or not disperse funds if they have not been sent.
- Awardees will participate in their beauty scholar community to network and support fellow members, in addition to receiving additional resources and training
Sephora Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- For the internship portion of the program, applicants must be able to show proof of authorization to work in the United States and be able to physically report to one of the participating locations. You will identify which store you are closest to in the application.
- Applicants should be enrolled in an accredited cosmetologist and/or esthetician program
- Applicants must be age 18 or older as of January
- Applicants should have demonstrated experience working in or supporting underrepresented communities of color and/or self-identify as a member of an underrepresented minority group. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, African American, Hispanic/Latino, Asian, or Native American/Indigenous minority groups.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate financial need by qualifying for, and must be approved to receive, financial assistance from the school in which they are enrolled.
- Applicants must be qualified and will receive financial assistance from the school that they are enrolled in and must be able to demonstrate financial need.
- Current or former Sephora employees are not eligible for this program.
Documents to Submit
- Applicants for the Sephora Scholarship need to submit their resume with their application (if they do not have one, they can submit a document with their contact information and their school history).
- Cover letters are optional.
- Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements and have submitted complete applications will be notified of final decisions via email.
- After the application deadline, interviews will be held.
Worth of Scholarship
This scholarship is worth up to $7,500.00 per selected applicant. The scholarship award will be paid directly to the school the applicant enrolled in and will be strictly for tuition and other fees.
Note that, no scholarship funds will be paid out directly to applicants.
In essence, Sephora will pay a certain amount of money for you to further your education as a cosmetologist or esthetician. Also, they will fund your 6-month internship in their company, where you’ll learn from industry leaders, and be mentored by them.
- Sally Beauty Scholarship Requirements And Application
- Ulta Beauty Scholarship Requirements And Application
- 15 Obscure Scholarships Often Left Unclaimed
- Top 15 NGO Scholarship for Poor Students
- 12 Best scholarships for Canada International Students