There is no doubt that every kid deserves a great education regardless of their background and status, but it doesn’t always amount to that. This is the typical example of the saying, “If wishes were horses, beggars will ride,” because almost all of us would have wished for good schools.
Sometimes our kids end up in public schools (which aren’t entirely bad), but sometimes they are not a good fit for our kids. Yet, private schools seem to be financially out of reach as time goes on.
Fortunately, there are some scholarships for private Christian schools that are likely to reimburse parents for part or full-tuition spent in the school. Speaking of Christian schools, looking at what is happening in our schools nowadays, we believe choosing your kid to attend a faith-based school is the right choice.
And if you’ve seen the documentary, “What is a Woman” by Matt Walsh, you know why this is almost necessary.
Moreover, you can still review other scholarships for your kids such as financial aid for boarding schools, or even scholarships for prep schools. And if you have feelings that your kid will blend well in normal traditional school, why don’t you check out some private school scholarships for low-income homes.
Without much ado, let’s list these scholarships.
Table of Contents
Scholarships for Private Christian Schools
1. Chicagoland Lutheran Educational Foundation
CLEF believes that cost should never be an obstacle for families who want to make quality Christian education a reality for their children. That’s one of the reasons they provide more than half a million dollars to Lutheran schools each year for private school scholarships.
Their scholarship covers 50% of tuition for sixteen highly motivated high school students (four per grade) at Walther Christian Academy. Applicants must have attended a CLEF-supported elementary school.
Also, an all-star eighth grader at a CLEF school is deeply encouraged to apply.
2. Open Door Christian Schools Tuition Scholarships
ODCS provides different kinds of grants and scholarships for private Christian schools such as;
- The Educational Choice Scholarship (EdChoice): was created to help students from underperforming public schools Navigate to private schools. The program provides up to 60,000 EdChoice scholarships to eligible students in Ohio who are entering grades K-12.
- EdChoice Expansion Scholarship
- Church Matching Grant
3. Heritage Christian School Scholarships
HCS is partnering with ACE (Alliance for Choice in Education), an organization that seeks to have an impact on the lives of children by providing scholarships to the private school of their choice, to provide funds to outstanding students. Candidates need to apply for FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment, which is the Portal used for all scholarships.
4. Georgia Christian School
The bill passed in 2008, enables the establishment of Student Scholarship Organizations (SSOs) which use the contributions made by taxpayers to award scholarships to students from K-12 public schools so that they can attend the private schools chosen by their parents.
For your kid to be eligible for the scholarship, it’s important that you completely fill out the scholarship application, especially the written explanation portion.
5. Calvary Christian Academy Scholarships
This is among the scholarships for private Christian schools awarded to students that meet these requirements;
- Born-again Christian and active church member
- Have no disciplinary infractions
- Demonstrate practical citizenship in church, school, and community
- Demonstrate financial need
6. Dream City Christian Financial Aid
This is another private Christian School that partners with STO (School Tuition Organizations), a non-profit organization that accepts tax credit donations and distributes them as tuition scholarships, to provide funds to students in financial need. Note that, each parent/family seeking donations and/or scholarships for their children should also be a donor.
7. Traders Point Knights Scholarships & Aid
Traders Point Knights offer several forms of financial assistance to qualifying families with students in grades K-12. You only need to complete a single application, then allow the school’s finance department to do the rest.
Their scholarships include;
- Indiana School Choice Scholarships: the amount your kid will receive totally depends on your eligibility, that is, your household size, income, and the school district in which you reside.
- SGO Tax Credit Scholarship
- Indiana – Private School Deduction
8. Toledo Christian Scholarships
TC provides a handful of scholarships to exceptional students. Even though the scholarships are not renewable, you can still apply for them in subsequent years, and they can only be used for tuition.
Some of their scholarships include;
- Academic Scholarships
- Spiritual and Leadership Scholarship
- NEW Buckeye Scholarship Fund
- EdChoice State Scholarships
- Foundation For Christ Scholarship
- Endowed Scholarships
- Northwest Ohio Scholarship Fund
- Joe Conklin Scholarship
9. Heart Cry Christian Academy
This school works closely with agencies and organizations who believe in the value of school choice and Christian education, to make an investment in your kids’ education more affordable. The school accepts two kinds of scholarships, which are;
- Empowerment Scholarship Account (ESA)
- Tax Credit Scholarships
10. Rockford Christian Schools Tuition Assistance Program and Scholarships
RCS also provides different kinds of scholarships to kids that intend to study in their school, these scholarships include;
- Empower Illinois “Invest in Kids Act”: which can cover 50 to 100% of the tuition of eligible candidates
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
- Edward Sharp Scholarship
- Diane Bertrand Memorial Scholarship
- In God We Trust Scholarship
You’ll realize that most of these scholarships for private Christian schools are tax credit scholarships. Depending on your residence, your kid will be eligible for this Scholarship which is up to full tuition, to move from an underperforming public school to a private Christian school.